Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Shower






On February 23rd.

we had a Shower Party at our 
neighborhood clubhouse for 
our daughter, who is expecting 
her first child.
We dined on delicious appetizers of 
cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad 
 puff pastry bites, asparagus wrapped 
in filo dough, and miniature quiches!
Fresh vegetables with dill dip 
tasted crispy and 
refreshing. 


For the sweet tooth
we served chocolate covered strawberries,
chocolate cake,
peanut butter blossom cookies
and baklava made by yours
truly! 
For our very young guest we 
served heart shaped 
peanut butter sandwiches.

A coffee/hot chocolate bar 
was available for our guest. 
It consisted of flavored
syrups for your coffee or hot cocoa 
along with whipped cream and chocolate chips.

We had a lovely time!
We gave Zoya nail polish as a party favor.
Zoya always names it's various colors using girls' names.
I chose the color named "Avril" since the baby is due
 in April and the color was a soft nude pink.
Do you see the doll on the 
table? 
I made her for my graddaughter!

OhSewDollin has this wonderful pattern 


for a Raggedy Ann 
style doll on Etsy. 

My doll matched the bedding my daughter 
picked out for the baby's nursery.
Rather than the traditional red hair, 
this dolly's yarn hair is bright pink and 
her nose is pink too. 
I embroidered her dress! 
 The shoes are painted a dark chocolate brown 
and the socks are painted
an antique white.
I made several little kittens for all 
the little girls who attended 
the shower.




Now we just have to sit back
and wait for April 15th.!



1 comment:

  1. OMG Connie ..

    Your party looks so inviting ..I wish I could attend...Your dolly leads us all in a merry gathering to the table ..I'd love a cucumber sandwich
    ( yummy) ... but goodness what a grand selection of goodies.. You have been royally busy.." Grandma"...

    Isn't it so exciting ... Your first grandchild... Wishing you the joy and blessings of happiness to come ...you see right now " I'm a little fairy who can grant wishes" .. so pouff...'It's a girl" ... as if I didn't know ...but it's always nice to pretend....( Ha ha)

    ENJOY your little treasure , my dear Friend.
    Hugsxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete