Thursday, October 24, 2013

All Hallows Masked Ball

There's a masquerade ball taking place
over at the Marie Antoinette Mail Art group.



Everyone was asked to 
create a mask for their partner.
Here is the mask I created for Laura Carson
The color requirement 
was black, ivory and orange.
 I bought a simple black mask from a craft store. 
The mask already had the handle on it.
I glued a cardboard attachment
 at the top of the mask.
The cardboard and mask were 
then covered with fabric.
I warped the stick with two 
different colors of ribbon and added a tassel. 

I found this whimsical Marie Antoinette paper doll on Etsy.

Cemerony

Digital Collage Print Sheets by Julia van der Werf


I dressed up her headdress with 
satin flowers, a black dresden swan,
some lace and a tiny pumpkin
stick pin. 
I added copper wings and glitter
along her neckline.
This is an articulated paper doll and 
I used copper brads
to attach the limbs.
Marie holds a Jack O'Lantern, all 
ready for trick or treating!
I also added three paper medallions
 to the top of the mask trimmed with glitter.
 Dresden trim around the eye opening,
velvet trim on the bottom and 
cording around the upper portion.
A dresden spider web with a skull
& cross bones amulet/medallion. 

I decided that while 
I was making one mask, 

 I should make two!

 Very similar to the first mask, 
but the ornamentation
is different and the 
paper doll is dressed differently.  
This was fun to create and I would love to
create more mask in the 
future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment